DJI, the world's leader in creative camera technology, has just released two new Handheld Camera Stabilizers before the start of the 2018 Consumer Electronics Show (CES) in Las Vegas.
The first of the handheld camera stabilizers is the redesigned Osmo Mobile 2 for smartphones, which will initially be exclusively for sale at the Apple store online on January 23, 2018, for $129.
The second of the handheld camera stabilizers is the Ronin-S for mirrorless and DSLR cameras, which will be available in the second quarter of 2018 from dji.com, DJI Flagship Stores, DJI Authorized Retail Stores, and DJI Resellers worldwide. Pricing will be announced prior to availability.
With the introduction of these two camera stabilizers, DJI now offers gimbal technology to help unlock the creative storyteller in everyone no matter what camera they’re using. These new products give consumers, professional videographers, and photographers new tools to capture smooth, steady videos and stunning photos wherever they go.
The Osmo Mobile 2 offers the best in smartphone stabilization at an affordable price, while the Ronin-S, the completely new 3-axis stabilizer brings the quality of DJI’s professional gimbal technology to a new form factor that is perfect for run-and-gun filming using a DSLR or mirrorless camera system.
Features of the Osmo Mobile 2
Osmo Mobile 2 captures smooth videos and high-definition panoramas with cinematic movement with incredible ease. DJI's industry-leading three-axis gimbal technology cancels out movement in three directions so the user’s video will stay steady even with shaky or wobbly hands.
The handheld camera stabilizer also has the following features:
- A more powerful integrated battery system with up to 15 hours of shooting, over three times longer than the original Osmo Mobile’s battery.
- Made from high-strength modified nylon
- A lightweight design that supports portrait orientation
- A new button layout with simpler controls that let users use their phone's camera as a professional camera with integrated settings for ISO, shutter speed etc.
- Can produce cinematic/dolly zoom, a visual effect usually created only on professional film sets.
- A folding design that makes it perfect for all-day use
- Intelligent features to help users share a professional-looking story wherever they go.
- The two-way mobile clamp allows easy pivoting between landscape and portrait orientation enabling the user to choose the most engaging full-screen format for your audience.
- The new USB port enables phone charging during use and serves as a power bank for charging other electronics while on the go.
- The Osmo Mobile is now more versatile than ever because of the 1/4″ universal screw mount that ensures compatibility with most photography accessories.
- DJI's built-in SmoothTrack technology detects and compensates for movement of the camera to ensure a smooth cinematic shot every time.
- Intelligent photo and video features that help users create professional-looking content automatically courtesy of the DJI GO mobile app
- Video modes like ActiveTrack to automatically follow subjects in motion.
- Motion Timelapse with up to five different camera positions.
- Hyperlapse to create dramatic time-lapse videos with the camera in motion
- Stream live on popular social platforms like Facebook and YouTube.
- Photographers can expand their creativity with options such as Panorama, Long Exposure, and LightTrail modes.
For more information on the DJI Osmo Mobile 2, click here.
Features of the Ronin-S
The Ronin-S is DJI's first single-handed stabilizer for DSLR and Mirrorless Cameras. DJI's powerful three-axis gimbal technology adds a cinematic and professional look by delivering smooth, shake-free video and crisp photos.
The camera stabilizer also has the following features:
- Is available in two frame sizes for either camera type.
- A powerful high-torque motor that supports the most popular camera and lens combinations including the Canon 5D, Panasonic GH, and Sony Alpha systems.
- A stabilization system that compensates for zoom lenses with higher magnification ratios and an external zooming barrel.
- Its advanced stabilization algorithms work with both in-camera and in-lens optical stabilization technology.
- Designed for easy setup and use. A new Push mode lets users adjust the pan and tilt axis by hand
- Ergonomic curved design provides comfort and helps capture smooth cinematic movements from upright to underslung positions without obstructing the camera's display.
- Is equipped with DJI's intelligent battery technology that can be hot-swapped during operation for extended shoots.
- Dedicated camera and gimbal control buttons that let users toggle between SmoothTrack settings, record and stop the camera.
- The high-precision joystick changes the camera position to help frame shots perfectly.
- A new Sports mode allows for fast movements with tight and quick subject following speed.
- Users can harness intelligent shooting modes via the DJI Ronin mobile app to create complex camera moves automatically like Panorama, Hyperlapse.
- Compatible with a variety of DJI Pro Accessories to capture any scene and expand creative freedom.
Special accessories for the Ronin-S will be available. These include:
- A Focus Control Center allowing advanced gimbal and focus control without a mobile device.
- A vehicle mount solution
- DJI Master Force
- DJI Master Wheels
- An external focus motor, and a cheese plate adapter so users can use their favorite third-party accessories.
- A dual-handle support will also be available for when an added level of comfort and stability is required.
Further information on Ronin-S can be found at www.dji.com/ronin-s.